Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Proud as a Peacock...

I always make a mental weekly "to do" list each Sunday...this weeks was a fun list and consisted of 1. Bring my vintage Italian Tole Chandelier to The Lamp Mender (since Tom decided he couldn't do it) 2. Organize the books in the home library (what a mess, books just thrown everywhere) 3. finish my vintage strawberry needlepoint pillow 4. Re-cover my studio chair and 5. finish the little felt peacock found in this book.
I'm proud (as a peacock...hahaha) to say that I snuck out of the office to drop off the Chandelier this morning. I organized the library on Sunday night (but still want to move some furniture around to make a cozy little reading nook.) I re-covered my studio chair yesterday and I have to schedule a trip to St. Croix County Dry Goods to get some better fabric for my Strawberry needlepoint pillow cause I'm not happy with what I have...and finally, here is "Fancy Peacock" all finished and hanging out with her little friend, the yellow bird.
So my list is dwindling but it's helped keep my mind off Matt's mono, my dad's seemingly doomed recovery, my father-in-law's neurological problems, the water that's threatening to flood our basement, the nasty weather we've got that's supposed to turn to freezing rain and snow during the night and all the other crap that life constantly throws at us...but as a great man once said "God never gives you more than you can handle...I just wish He wouldn't trust me so much!" I'm going to get my jammies on and curl up on the couch (far away from mono boy)...hope you have a much drier night than we're having here in MN!

3 comments:

jillskict said...

You are a good list maker/keeper. Cannot wait to see the chandy when it is done! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that peacock! TOO cute. I am thinking your bird and peacock might need a mouse friend. Really cute. Hope Matt feels better. Such a bummer.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Beautiful!!! I LOVE the peacock! xoxo

Jessica Rodarte said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Rachel. I'm sure that's really hard for you, and makes it difficult to focus on other things.
I hope Matt is getting better. Did I tell you my sister had mono? Did I even leave a comment on that post? Maybe I just thought about it... Anyway, she had mono and it was terrible. I was so scared she was going to give it to me and my family. I held up a finger cross towards her whenever she came by. It worked apparently.
That peacock is so flippin' cute. He and the bird make good friends.
xo.