Saturday, May 29, 2010

Honored Heroes...

I come from a family of Navy men...all the way back to my Great Grandfather Philip Telesphore Carpentier, WWI Navy Veteran. I understand Memorial Day is really a day to honor all the men and women who lost their lives fighting for this great country we live in...but I wanted to remember all my family (and friends) who were so brave and courageous. I'm so proud to be their granddaughter, daughter, step-sister and friend...thank you from the bottom of my heart:
Telesphore Philip Carpentier - US Navy, WWII, Korea, Vietnam (my father's father)
Charles Peter Roemer - US Navy, Lieutenant Commander (how cool is that?) WWII, Korea, Vietnam (my mother's father)
Charles was a fighter pilot...flew everything the Navy owned.
John Louis Carpentier - US Navy, Vietnam and The Cuban Missile Crisis (my Father). My parents met while stationed in Bermuda...my father was the mechanic who fixed all the Naval aircraft my Grandfather Charles flew.
Tim Harshman - Army, Gulf War (Step-Brother)
Mike Tuckner - Army, Gulf War (Friend)
Veronica Garcia - Army, Iraq War (Friend)
Cody Low-Fluery - Army, Boot Camp begins in a few days (Friend's son)
Happy Memorial Day...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is a very touching blog post. Great pictures, too.