Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Sunny Monday...

After about 10 straight days of rain here in Minnesota we ended up having fantastic weather over the weekend so in-between garage saling I managed to tend to ALL of my gardens...now I can just sit back and enjoy summer right? I planted a few more Foxglove by the birdbath in the backyard. Aren't they pretty...
Sebastian was finally able to plant his "Giant Cabbage." He has to record the cabbage's growth and his fertilizing/watering habits and come September, if he submits a picture of the best cabbage of all the kids in school, he could win a $1,000 scholarship! Go Sebastian!

And here's a little peak at some altered vintage books I was able to work on a little on Sunday morning...not sure if I should put these in my Etsy shop or just save them for my booth sale??? (perhaps I should just keep them all for myself!)

Shelby comes home from college today! Can't believe she's already completed her freshman year of college!
Hope you're all having a nice, sunny, warm Monday! (and better yet, hope you're not sitting in a window-less office like me!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll save you some trouble with the books. You can just sell them to me. The garden looks great and I'm sure Sebastian will grow a record-breaking cabbage. Shall we call Guiness now?

Jessica Rodarte said...

I've heard the best time to work in your garden is right after it rains. Good timing! :)
I can't wait to see Sebastian's cabbage, and I hope he wins! Glad Shelby will be home soon. It will be nice to have her home...
I couldn't part with those pretty books! They are just lovely.