Friday, August 7, 2009

Grandma's Garden

I found this adorable "Grandma's Garden" quilt (I think that's what it's called anyway) at one of my favorite antique stores. It's been there for quite awhile but now that "our cabin" is always in on my mind I decided to buy it (because it'll look so cute in the lake home). It's pretty worn in some areas but, since I basically stole it, I figured I couldn't go wrong, even if all I end up doing with it is cutting it up for craft projects. It was really dirty but after soaking it in Biz for half an hour and washing it twice (on the gentle cycle) it came out very nicely. So, I've been teetering back and forth between taking the plunge and getting a cabin...or not getting a cabin. I'm somewhat of a cheapskate so I panic a little when I think of all the money we may end up spending on a "vacation home". Plus, some of the guys at work were telling me all the cons of owning a lake home so I thought I'd ask you all what you think...If you own a "vacation property" send me a quick note and let me know if you're happy you purchased or if you wish you'd never even come up with the idea at all.

One more bit of news...I found out yesterday that one of my projects is being published in the December 2009 issue of Sew Somerset...I'm so excited! Of course I'll post more about it when the time comes.

No comments: