Sunday, August 2, 2009

Finds for my "Dream Cabin"

I drove an hour Saturday to a fabulous flea market in Cambridge. The treasures were priced to sell and I had to make several trips to the car with my haul. I would have bought more but I started running out of cash on the back stretch so had to be selective with what I bought. As I made my way though all the booths I found that I was buying with my "dream cabin" in mind...vintage pillowcases, a wonderful vintage breadbox with fruit decals, an old chipped and cracked lidded bowl with a cute little handle...(good news is if the cabin doesn't come to fruition I can still use these in the "regular" house right?) I found these cute vintage trims and a little gondola pin to use on my journals and scrapbooks...
This "days to remember" book was never used and the graphics are amazing...
I hope to put this little yellow duck in the bathroom at the cabin...maybe filled with some cotton balls or cotton swabs...
And I was so happy to find these German vintage valentines...
These buttons were sold by the bagful for a song, they're all so pretty I'm afraid I'll never use them for fear that one day they'll all be gone...
And I got all sorts of linens for $1 each, I especially love this one with the embroidered strawberries...
Now if only I had the week off work (like Tom does) to craft and create! I'm sure I'll find time to squeeze it into my schedule though, I always do!

No comments: