Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Black Sunday

The letter I was hoping would never come was waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon. It was sitting there, on the very top of the pile, just staring at me when I opened the mailbox. It was from the University of Wisconsin...letting me know that I have to hand over my only daughter to them on Sunday, September 6 between 8AM and 10AM. Seriously...how in the world did 18 years pass so quickly? I think back to her first day of kindergarten and can picture her in my mind (literally) like it was yesterday and I wonder if I felt then the same way I do now? I know that I need to let her go so she can learn to make her own choices, learn from her mistakes and just prepare for life in general but {damn!} someone should have told me how hard it would actually be to let her go...

2 comments:

Scraps said...

I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that day will be for you! Just reading your words made me weepy.

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

I'm literally in tears about this, Rachel. I feel like it's going to happen tomorrow.
And...
It really will feel like tomorrow; won't it...
Ugh.
Before you think, "I didn't realize Jessica was such a stalker reading my old posts..." I'm getting ideas for our swap! I'm getting a feel for your likes! Still stalkerish, huh? Crap.
And it doesn't help that you've received about 42 emails from me by now. ;)