Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jordan's Walk to Cure Diabetes

My niece Jordan was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. She is absolutely amazing...she didn't let the diagnosis phase her at all, she jumped right in and learned all she could and is an active participant in all sorts of JDRF activities. She's participating in a JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes in September and is taking her fundraising very seriously!
Now, one thing about Jordan, she is a true artist. Not only is she big into theatre and acting but she's constantly painting and sewing and crafting...her specialty though is making strange, wonky little plush critters. Well, to get to my point...she was here to visit in June for Shelby's graduation and left behind, much to my delight, a pattern for a cute little bear (at least I think it's a bear?!) so I decided to sew up a few and sell them in my shop. I will be selling them until September 15 and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Jordan's fundraising efforts. If you want to read more about Jordan and Juvenile Diabetes, you can access her fundraising page here. Besides those little wonky bears I haven't done much creating...I've been sick with some unknown disease that's finally left me. I made this little treasure though for an Alice in Wonderland art call. I've got the greatest vintage Alice book with the most wonderful illustrations with which I made this little shadow box thing-a-ma-bob.
I'll let you know if anything comes of my sending it in!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your comments about Jordan brought a tear to my eye. She will be so happy to find out how much you enjoy her artistry. I love your Alice thing-a-ma-bob!