I wasn't too busy though to work on my Trash to Treasure project for today. I'm not sure if this was originally a feed sack or a pillowcase, either way, I fell in love with the pattern on the fabric as soon as I saw it sitting all alone in a bin at a flea market. I saw this adorable sort of "shoe organizer" type thing in an old Victoria magazine and decided it would be the perfect thing for my fabric. First I decided how big I wanted the organizer and cut the fabric leaving enough extra for the hems.
Next I cut the remaining fabric into 6" wide strips, "hemmed" all the edges and started pinning where I wanted the pockets to go...I only had a certain amount of fabric so that pretty much dictated the size of each pocket.
Then I sewed everything in place and here you have the finished product:
As soon as I convert Shelby's room into my "new" studio I'll find a permanent place for this little treasure...don't tell Shelby I'm kicking her out of her room though...she may never come home then!