Friday, April 19, 2013

Super Duper Junk Journal...


Last summer, my niece, Madison, made this cute journal for me with all sorts of random papers, sticky notes, ephemera and tags with her own artwork on them.  It's the cutest little thing. 
Since I save everything...clothing tags, address labels, used envelopes, price tags, postcards, soap wrappers (you get the point)...I decided to make this into my "Super Duper Awesome Junk Journal".  I needed to do something with all my hoarded saved junk.  I have so much of it my little plastic bin was overflowing, but I couldn't bring myself to throw anything out.

My niece will be back in Minnesota in a few months and I can't wait to show her all the awesome goodness!



I have about 1 and 1/2 empty pages but I used most of the true "ephemera" I saved...all that's left in my plastic bin are journaling cards and stuff that was just too big for this project.

There's something about the feel of big, bulky, crinkly, scrummy pages that makes me really happy!

I just hope that one day you don't see me on an episode of "Hoarders: Buried Alive"!

1 comment:

Little Pink Studio said...

I love it! I have a couple of smashbooks I keep meaning to use for all of the ephemera of our everyday lives. You've inspired me to get to work on those. :)
Love that your niece included stickers and such with her art on it!
Cerri