Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mr. Owl

Isn't Mr. Owl adorable...or maybe it's Mrs. owl? I found this vintage goodie at Goodwill (I think they know me by name there). It looks like it's probably from the 70's and both my daughter and niece are big into owls right now so I couldn't leave without it! The body looks as though it's make from woven embroidery yarn...I wonder if someone sat there weaving it? I suppose I'll have to take it out of the frame to investigate.
Here is my finished heart sampler (I gave you a little peek in my last post). I'm one of those people who can't just sit and watch TV, I always have to be working on something so this was my latest project. The only problem with finishing it is now I have to search for something else to work on.


Hope you have a good weekend...I'm heading out to do a little treasure hunting!

1 comment:

Jessica Rodarte said...

Rachel. Stop. I am so jealous of that owl treasure that you found. It's beautiful!!!
And the heart you made is so pretty.
I also wanted to tell you that I like the picture of you and your husband in your last post. And. I hear you on not liking your picture taken because I am not photogenic at all. Ir's a curse really.