Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodwill Hunting



Tom and I went on a scavenger hunt to a few Goodwill stores around the Twin Cities. Here are some of the goodies I found...and old green chair for $5, miscellaneous old books (one called My Cousin Rachel), a jewelry box that actually still plays music, a silver plated bowl and a ? hanging magazine rack? I had to sneak Bantha in the picture too...I'm sorry it's so blurry but my photography skills are really sad. We got a few other things too like an old dining room chair with a back that looks like a harp and lots more books. Tom picked up a few treasures too but he mainly looks for old sports glasses.

We'll see how much of this stuff gets turned into a little treasure and sold in my etsy shop http://www.aliceandelsie.etsy.com/.

Well, my first big project for my home this year is to transform my plain, boring gold chandelier in our entry way into something nice to look at. I've been toying with the idea of just buying a new one to replace this one but it's so high up that we'd have to hire an electrician with scaffolding to do the job. I figured I'd try to pretty this one up before doing that.

Here is a before picture: a very standard, boring and bare chandelier...

I'll post an after picture when it's finished. I bought an old worn vintage garland and made a few wool and fabric birds with long white feather tails (some of them are for sale in my esty shop) so I'll get started on that as soon as all the Christmas decorations are put away and life gets back normal.

No comments: