Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thanks Netflix...

We got suckered into trying a "free month" of netflix so, after a work friend gave me a copy of a swedish vampire film called lat den ratte komme in (Let the Right one In), I filled my netflix queue with foreign films that I've always wanted to see but never got around to renting. You can also watch certain netflix movies "instantly" with XBox 360 so I had Matthew show me how to do it.
So, for you foreign film fans, if you haven't seen these two films yet I highly recommend them (unless you don't like subtitles)...


Amelie (a french film, all subtitles) arrived in the mail on Tuesday, Shelby and I watched in on Wednesday while Tom was at school. Both of us give it two thumbs up, it was so adorable and colorful and cheerful...I could go on and on...this will definitely make my 10 favorite films of all time.

La Vie en Rose (also a French film, all subtitles) was an "instant" watch on Matt's XBox, we watched it tonight and thought it was fantastic, not as amazing as Amelie but definitley worthwhile. I would recommend Let the Right One In as well but that won't come out on dvd in the US until later this year. Rumor is they're making an American version but I'll bet it won't be as good as the Swedish version! Certainly not your Twilight sort of vampire movie but it's just as bittersweet.



No comments: