Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New York Travel Journal...

 I finished my New York Travel Journal 2013 last night...I went full throttle to get it done so I wouldn't forget what we did...felt like so long ago already if I would have waited any longer I surely would have forgotten everything!
 I usually make the journal ahead of time and I'm beginning to realize I NEVER make it thick enough...my journals always end up so bulky they never close properly...and this one was no exception.
Tom and I decided to take this trip on (sort of) the spur of the moment.  Thirteen years ago (almost to the day) he proposed to me in Times Square.  We found the exact spot where I agreed to be his wife but it sure had changed...and...wouldn't you know it, a man interrupted us during our private moment to ask for some money...just our luck!
This little pink pocket (I think it's Amy Tangerine) holds the little book I made before the trip listing all the places I wanted to visit, in which borough it's located and the address (with cross streets)...this little book came with me everywhere and I referred to it quite often.  It was very helpful because, let me tell you, we got lost more times than we could count in the West Village, SoHo and Little Italy!
Our hotel was very nice with Central Park South right out the front door...the nighttime view was spectacular.

Our subway adventure was really something too...we wanted to head to the NYU area and ended up in Harlem!  Although we discovered our error relatively quickly, we were on the "Express" A Train so had to just roll with it until the darn thing finally made a stop where we could switch trains.

The last day of our trip we spent checking out Central Park...that was quite an adventure.  You never know just how far you walked until it's time to walk back...probably should have jumped on another train!
 Goodbye New York, until we meet again!

2 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

So romantic to go back to the spot where he proposed (minus one clueless guy). Your book looks great. The chunkier the better. ;)

painted fish studio said...

love it!!!