Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finally...Virus Free!

Whew! Three computer gurus and four anti-malware/virus software downloads and my computer is finally virus free. Now I have to frantically play catch-up with my 25 Days of Christmas album since I haven't been able to print my pictures...I'm hoping to post pictures of the first 10 days of my album on Friday (however that might be wishful thinking!) Here are some pictures of Tom's and my weekend getaway to historic St. Charles and Geneva, Illinois...love the houses in these two little towns (not to mention the antique shops)...
In St. Charles they've converted many houses from the 1800's into shops...like this one.
And there were gorgeous churches literally on every corner (couldn't avoid the ugly powerlines in this picture)
Geneva had quite the Christmas festival going on all weekend, Santa Lucia arrived by horse drawn carriage and Santa Clause arrived soon after she did. These old time carolers were roaming about singing Christmas carols and many home owners opened up their historic and festively decorated houses during the home tour. We really had a good time!
On Sunday we headed to the Kane County flea market and antique show...got there an hour after it opened and many vendors still hadn't arrived (hope we didn't miss anything good)...unfortunately, this flea market was rather disappointing.
Here is what I came home with...
Christmas ephemera...

And I can never pass up a vintage Jesus...
Check out the sequined mushroom ornament, reminds me of the ornament kits we used to make when we were kids...
I found a few great valentines to add to my collection.
And a couple of bottle brush wreaths with great tarnished glass ornaments. We also found a very unusual vintage mahogany standing humidor with a little door that opens to a tin inside which used to house the tobacco and cigars.

No comments: