Friday, May 8, 2009

Garage Sale Heaven!

Today was Woodbury's annual Lions Club Garage Sale...literally hundreds of Woodbury residents set up shop in their garages and sell everything you can possibly imagine. Tom and I have made it a tradition of taking Friday off (that's the first day so you get the best selection) and we (ok "I") found lots of treasures. My favorite find was the vintage sequin and felt Santa and Snowman ornaments...I discovered these beauties in one of the community churches. Tom's loot is pictured way in the back...he found some old MN Twins Wheaties boxes for $1 each. Oh, I also found two bundles of vintage hankies, each bundle had about 20 hankies each and guess what I paid for each bundle...25 cents! I also got a bunch of really old books for FREE, vintage yard tools for 25 cents each, vintage games, puzzles, vintage jewelry, vintage linens, lots of vintage Christmas goodies, a few vintage cookbooks and a fantastic old desk that Tom managed to talk the sellers into taking a measley $25 for. I'm in garage sale heaven!







And this little find is for my sister...my photography skills are pretty sad, this picture is much prettier in person
I recently joined a swap group and this is my first completed swap project. We were to find a little something at a thrift shop and alter it. My swap partner happens to like Victorian things so I hope she likes this...and I hope she doesn't read my blog because it won't be much of a surprise if she sees it before it arrives in the mail.


I like the way it turned out so much that I may make a few to sell in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

dragonflydreamer said...

Your swap partner is so lucky. Your Journal is gorgeous!