Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas lists...

My oldest son Matthew is just about to celebrate his 17th birthday and the older he gets the tougher it gets to shop for his Christmas gifts so I ask that he make me a list each year. This year he was really dragging his feet with the list (and I usually like to have all my shopping done by Thanksgiving) so I had to give him a deadline...which was yesterday...and this is what was waiting for me on my desk.
I opened it up and found his list...his very creative list, even the boys at Best Buy commented on how fancy it was when they spotted me carrying it around. One of the boys even took it out of my hands and studied it well...perhaps he is going to make one like it for his mother? Matt used a variety of my Christmas stamps, some "vintage looking" cardstock (his words) and a fancy script font. I love that he went through all the trouble to make this...I also wanted to show you this wonderful calender/planner I found at Sam's club. It is the cutest thing I've ever seen...
My youngest child, Sebastian, likes to leave me little treasures (notes, little hearts and pumpkins cut out of paper and colored in with crayon, little pencil drawings, etc) and I thought in 2010 I'm going to start keeping a journal for his little goodies so I can look back and remember why I got that particular goodie and when (sometimes it's because I was mad at him for being "bad"...which doesn't happen often and sometimes it's just to tell me he loves me.) I'll tape, glue or clip the treasure in the journal on the date it was received and jot down a little something about it.
Here's pictures of the pages dividing the seasons...
I'm looking forward to filling it up!

No comments: