Monday, October 19, 2009

House Re-Do

We had our carpets professionally cleaned this weekend by a new company that doesn't use any shampoos or harsh chemicals, they use some special 'charged water' that sanitizes your carpet without leaving behind any residue. I was a little worried with the outcome and swore I still saw some "dirty" areas (where our two dogs lay) but it must have just been the spots the cleaner paid extra attention to because the next day, when everything was dry, they looked brand spanking new! In preparation for the carpet cleaners we moved everything (and I mean everything) out of our two main living areas, the only furniture that remained were the really big, bulky, heavy pieces. So...since I had to pretty much move back in, I took advantage of the opportunity and 'redecorated' both rooms by moving everything around. This drives Tom nuts because I tend to do it often but I'm the product of a woman who moved furniture around and "re-did" our house every few months so it's in my blood. I feel like I have a brand new house now and it makes me all the more excited to decorate for the holidays!

I'm also trying to finish up all the projects I started but never finished for one reason or another. Remeber that fantastic lamp shade I got a few weeks back at the Wisconsin Farmhouse estate sale? Well I finally finished that project, I just wish I was a better photographer because the picture just doesn't do it justice...

Before...
During....
During...
After...

Now I need to figure out where I'm going to hang it!

No comments: