Monday, September 14, 2009

Photo Card Album

I treasure all the old black and white photos passed down from my ancestors. Months ago I made a very feminine album full of all my grandmother's family photos and stories. I wanted to do something a little more masculine for my grandfather's family...this is how it turned out...
I used one of those old photo envelope cards, cut staggered pages from Cosmo Cricket papers and sewed them all down the fold of the photo card. I'm still trying to decide if I want a title on the front.

Turns out that the old photo card wasn't strong enough to hold up under the stress of the stitching (and the weight of the pages) and everything started falling apart. To reinforce the seams I glued paper, fabric and ribbons as sort of "seam bindings" to hold the pages in the book.




I think my next project is going to be an album using the materials from a vintage pattern/ephemera kit I have for sale in my etsy shop. I'll certainly post pictures if this idea comes to fruition!

No comments: