Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trash to Treasure...

I bought this old filing cabinet from a barn sale a few summers ago. It's been sitting in our garage for over a year so decided it was time to give it a make over and move it into my studio.


I'm not sure what the white stuff is...possibly paint but it had the consistency of flocking used on Christmas trees...but it certainly didn't come off as easy as the flocking does!
We scraped, sanded, and stripped all weekend and finally gave up when our bodies couldn't take any more. Here is it in it's final resting place...full of cardstock, fabric, wool, felt and all sorts of other craft junk.I've been spending a lot of time in my studio making Christmas goodies. I'm setting up a table at The Handmade Christmas on December 3rd. So, if you live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area please stop by, there will be 41 vendors selling their treasures at Trinity City Church on Marshall Ave in St. Paul. It should be fun! I'll post photos of what I'll be bringing as it gets closer...and all this Christmas crafting has me a little out of whack...I'm listening to Christmas Carols and we haven't even celebrated Halloween yet! I'll be sure to tune in to The Walking Dead tonight to get me back on track!

2 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

I love your trash to treasure posts. Sometimes I have a hard time seeing the potential in things. You are so inspirational!

Irma said...

Looks great! O bet it fits a lot too ;)